Monday, July 5, 2010

Letter To Our Candidates

To all tommorrow this letter is mailed out each candidate that is running for political office. I am expected to hear back from them. As they respond I will report back to you.


Dear [Recipient Name]:

My name is NEPAsarge. I write for NEPAsarge Veteran Voice, a blog addressing veteran issues. I am a veteran myself and have served in Iraq and Cuba. While in Iraq I was injured and now visit the VA for my medical conditions. I am a member of many veteran organizations to include the American Legion, VFW, AMVets, and other Veteran clubs. I am proud to serve and now want to serve veterans by educating them on the issues that they face. I am not here to blame the Republicans or the Democrats or third party, but to find out why Veterans are not getting the service they deserve for serving this wonderful nation and giving the most precious things they own, their lives. These questions will help make us understand the issues at hand when I report problems that we face as veterans. Thanks for your support.

1. A veteran is trained throughout his/her life to survive and not to complain. Do you agree there is a problem with veteran homelessness? Could you explain? Homelessness in Veterans is at its all time high, in saying that how do you propose to help this issue?

2. With the Iraq and Afghanistan veterans coming back there is a greater demand and applications for claims. This process is still taking long time for them to get an answer back. How do you propose to improve this manner?

3. Funding for veteran departments has always been the first on the chopping block. Have you ever voted to cut for veteran funding and if so why? (This includes Veteran Affairs Office, VA, Social Services for Veterans)

4. In the latest news the recall of Kevlar helmets for soldiers is being done. Kevlar helmets which are one of the most vital equipment for safety of the soldier were missed in quality control. How do you propose to address this issue?

5. Are you a veteran yourself? If so what branch and any interesting facts about you in the military?

6. What have you done for veterans while you were in your term of office or plan to do?

7. With the bill to repeal the Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy past the House, how would you vote this issue or did vote? Why?

8. Where do you stand on veteran issues in general?

As stated before I am not here to play the Republican or Democratic or third party card. I am here to address the most important issue to me the veterans. As a veteran myself I truly want to address veteran issues. I respect each and every one of you for doing a civil duty. The key point that is missed is that the men and women that serve are giving their lives to keep this wonderful nation running the way it has done for the past 234 years.
If you are willing to meet with me and talk about veteran issues I would be more than willing to schedule with you a meeting. Thank you for your service as an elected official or candidate and your support in answering these questions.

Sincerely,


NEPAsarge

No comments: